Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Coastal scents, Benefit Cosmetics, and Model in a bottle


Hi everyone!!! 
Its been such a long time since my last post.  Im sorry, Ive just been so busy with summer classes and my job.  Oh i got hired at a veterinary hospital, so Im super excited about that.  Anywho, for todays post I wanted to just update about me and do another review about my favorite product, semi favorite product, and least favorite product.  Here goes:

WOULDN'T BUY AGAIN
Coastal Scents 10 Concealer Palette 

The reason I picked this up in the first place, was because of some good reviews on it.  Unfortunately either I received a bad batch or I just did not like it.  When I first got it, the consistency was thin and creamy with an oily base. It goes on semi-creamy with an oily feel at first and dries to a matte finish.  It does cover imperfections pretty well, but it did give me a tad bit of a cakey look.  After a week, I reopened the case and it all lost its moisture, leaving me nothing but a sticky paste.  My attempt to still use it failed when it dried instantly on my face with an even more cakey look. =(  and no I did not leave the case open.  I think the combination of a poorly constructed case and formula made the product not worth it at all.

Pros:
  1. Convenient case with a wide range of colors
  2. Descent consistency cream on day 1 of opening =/
  3. Matte finish
  4. Good coverage
Cons:
  1. Formula dries out
  2. Could be creamier 
Product Rating:  2 out of 5



WOULD BUY AGAIN
Model in a Bottle
- Original formula

Model in a Bottle is a popular makeup setting spray that was mention on the Tyra Banks show.  It is meant to be sprayed on after makeup application to prolong the longevity of your makeup .  It claims to top off your makeup routine with a matte finish, keep oily skin at bay, and keep your makeup looking fresh throughout the day.  I was super excited to get this.  One bottle lasts a while too, with up to 300 sprays!  
I tried it and I was pretty satisfied with the results.  Usually my blush fades by the end of the day, but with this finishing spray it had a stronger staying power.  I did notice I had less oily skin, but it didnt totally disappear. I would recommend this spray if you have  a long day of work or a long night of partying!! 
One thing that does bother me a bit is the smell.  Its a strong rosey scent that reminds me of popuri.  Even though its is suppose to fade away after about half an hr, I dont like the fact that it clashes with my perfume. However, its is bearable. I still get a light scent after an hour but disappears after a couple of hours. Some people love the smell, some dont. 

Pros:
  1. Gives staying power to blushes, eyeshadows, and face foundation
  2. Dries quickly to a matte finish
  3. Good payoff with over 300 sprays per bottle
  4. Even coverage spray with a light mist
  5. Comes in two formulas: Original and Sensitive skin
  6. Good price @ $15 
Cons:
  1. Not as effective for those with super oily skin
  2. Strong rosey scent ( it does disappears with time)
Product rating:  3.8 out of 5



WOULD DEFINITELY BUY AGAIN
Benefit Erase Paste Concealer

Hands down I love this concealer. It comes in three shades that brightens up skin complexion. It does work for blemishes and under dark eye circles, but it does wonders for brightening around the eyes.  I stay up a lot to study so I look like a zombie in the mornings.  The consistency is a thick and creamy paste.  It goes on smooth, blends easily, and finishes with a dewy texture.  
The color of the cream might seem too pink at first but it has a purpose.  Benefit claims that the paste acts as a concealer and a face brightener.  It does just that.  As we all know, salmon color concealers are great for under eye circles because it covers skin discoloration without leaving behind a greenish shadow of your under eye circles. The thing that sets this concealer apart from any other concealer on the market is that it gives you a healthy glowing look, instead of a matte mask on your face.  It can even be used by itself on fresh skin give your skin some umph! I love the Benefit Cosmetics company.  They formulate products that enhances your beauty with a natural finish.  Erase paste is a bit pricey but it is densely pigmented, so you get your moneys worth.  A little goes a long way unlike any other sheer concealers out there on the market.
Im always in a hurry in the morning because I am known for pushing the snooze button.  With this I dont have to use multiple concealer colors to do the job.  I just throw this on the entire area of my eyes/ parts of my face that I want to highlight and finish it off with mineral foundation powder, light blush, mascara, finishing spray and  Im set!  I look like I had my full 8 hours of rest. It is truly magic beauty rest in jar.

Pros:
  1. Quality Creamy paste
  2. Very pigmented  
  3. Little goes a long way
  4. Covers under eye circles
  5. Brightens skin with a glow
  6. Blends easily into skin 
  7. No harsh lines
  8. Dewey finish and not oily
  9. Buildable coverage
Cons:
  1. Works better as a skin brightener rather than a blemish spot concealer
  2. On the pricey said for a 0.15 oz jar @ $26
  3. When used as a full coverage concealer for under eye circles, foundation is needed to even out skin tone and tone down the brightening effect.
Product rating: 5 out of 5

This is a completed look that includes some of the products that I mentioned today (benefit erase paste and model in a bottle).  Other products that I used are listed.  Hope you all like the makeup and new hair color =)


  • Dark circles --Benefit erase paste concealer
  • Foundation---Face Atelier Foundation in colors #4+#6
  • Contouring---Physicians formula pressed multicolored face powder in "creamy natural"
  • Eyeshadow--- Tarte cosmetics "west egg" (matte purple) - blending color
  •     --- Bare i.d. minerals "soul sister" (dark glimmer purple) - crease color
  •                     --- Katie B pro cosmetics "black setting" - crease and outer corner darkener
  •     --- Benefit cosmetics "low profile" -eyebrow bone highlighter
  •     --- Benefit cosmetics cream eyeshadow "honey bunny" -eyelid color
  • Mascara---- --Katie B Faux lash mascara
  • Blush----------Napoleon Perdis blush patrol
  • Lipstick-------MAC "jubilee"
  • Eyelashes--- -Ardell lashes #103
  • Set Spray-----Model in a bottle in original
Just a fun and colorful look =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Makeup Heaven | TNB