Hello my Lovelys,
Yesterday, my best friend and I had a makeup session for her date later that night. The pictures above are before and after pictures. Hair and makeup done by yours truly =) She wanted a natural and sophisticated look, so I softened up her face with a light foundation, a pinch of bronzing powder for a sun-kissed look, and pinkish brown eyeshadows for her eyes. For a sophisticated look, I used a straightener to curl out the bottom layer and curl in the top layer of her hair. Hope you guys like it =)
Products that I used on Miss Siripa here was:
- Bare i.d. Minerals mineral foundation (medium beige & medium tan)
- Smashbox Photo finish primer
- Beeroyal Rose Bouquet Blush (Autumn flower)
- Mac lipstick (Blankety)
- Mac Lipglass (C-thru)
- Katie B. Faux Lash mascara
- Physicians Formula bronzing powder (blushing mocha)
- The Balm Eyeshadow eyelid V**drama shadow color (jealous jordana)
- *the V drama is the outer corner of your eyelids directly underneath the tail of your eyebrows, by dramatizing this area with a darker color, it creates a 3D effect, forming bigger eyes
- Benefit cream eyeshadow/liner all over eyelid base (honey bunny)
- Benefit powder eyeshadows:
- eyebrow highlighter color (low profile)
- eyelid blender color (guess again)
- eyelid crease color (getaway)
I did use one product that I absolutely love and recommend. That would be........ (drumroll)........
Benefit creaseless cream shadow/liner
This product was recommended to me by a professional makeup artist and I do admit it is a pretty good product. When I picked up "honey bunny" and "marry up", I did a test run. The results were impressive. The colors are creamy upon initial application, and slowly dry to a smooth texture and not powdery like some other cream eyeshadows. They are relatively easy to blend , but it does take a little getting used to. The color intensity is buildable, so you can get anything from a sheer look to a more intense color coverage.
I also used this cream as a base to intensify my eyeshadow colors on top. After I was done , I took my finger and dragged it on my eyelid reallly hard to test how well the staying power was. and NOTHING was on my finger. I was pretty impressed by that. All through the day my shadow did not budge. So it does live by its claim... creaseless eyeshadow/liner. I didnt even have to use my urban decay primer!!
- Strong staying power
- Buildable color
- Creamy texture
- Multiple uses ( as a primer, base color to intensify eyeshadows, by itself, eyebrow highlighter, cheekbone highlighter, blush ... endless possibilites !!)
- pricey $19 for a 4.5 g
- wish there was more product
Here are some swatches of the two Benefit cream eyeshadow/liners that I bought and the four other that I picked up after my little test hehe =) enjoy and have a great weekend!!
In order from left to right:
Recess, Honey Bunny, Marry Up, Stiletto, Bunny Hop, Skinny Jeans