Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Makeup Session and Reviews

 Before
 
After
  Hello my Lovelys,
Yesterday, my best friend and I had a makeup session for her date later that night.  The pictures above are before and after pictures.  Hair and makeup done by yours truly =)  She wanted a natural and sophisticated look, so I softened up her face with a light foundation, a pinch of bronzing powder for a sun-kissed look, and pinkish brown eyeshadows for her eyes.  For a  sophisticated look, I used a straightener to curl out the bottom layer and curl in the top layer of her hair.  Hope you guys like it =)

Products that I used on Miss Siripa here was:
  • Bare i.d. Minerals mineral foundation (medium beige & medium tan)
  • Smashbox Photo finish primer
  • Beeroyal Rose Bouquet Blush (Autumn flower)
  • Mac lipstick (Blankety)
  • Mac Lipglass (C-thru)
  • Katie B. Faux Lash mascara
  • Physicians Formula bronzing powder (blushing mocha)
  • The Balm Eyeshadow eyelid  V**drama shadow color (jealous jordana)
  •  *the V drama is the outer corner of your eyelids directly underneath the tail of  your eyebrows, by dramatizing this area with a darker color, it creates a 3D  effect, forming bigger eyes
  • Benefit cream eyeshadow/liner all over eyelid base (honey bunny)
  • Benefit powder eyeshadows:
(these powder shadows are on clearance for only $9 (originally $19) on benefitcosmetics.com)
  1. eyebrow highlighter color (low profile)
  2. eyelid blender color (guess again)
  3. eyelid crease color (getaway)



I did use one product that I absolutely love and recommend.  That would be........ (drumroll)........
   Benefit creaseless cream shadow/liner
This product was recommended to me by a professional makeup artist and I do admit it is a pretty good product.  When I picked up "honey bunny" and "marry up", I did a test run.  The results were impressive.  The colors are creamy upon initial application, and slowly dry to a smooth texture and not powdery like some other cream eyeshadows.  They are relatively easy to blend , but it does take a little getting used to.  The color intensity is buildable, so you can get anything from a sheer look to a more intense color coverage.  

I also used this cream as a base to intensify my eyeshadow colors on top.  After I was done , I took my finger and dragged it on my eyelid reallly hard to test how well the staying power was.  and NOTHING was on my finger.  I was pretty impressed by that.  All through the day my shadow did not budge.  So it does live by its claim... creaseless eyeshadow/liner.  I didnt even have to use my urban decay primer!!  

Pros:
  1. Strong staying power
  2. Buildable color
  3. Pigmented
  4. Creamy texture
  5. Multiple uses ( as a primer, base color to intensify eyeshadows, by itself, eyebrow highlighter, cheekbone highlighter, blush ... endless possibilites !!)
Cons:
  1. pricey $19 for a 4.5 g
  2. wish there was more product
Here are some swatches of the two Benefit cream eyeshadow/liners that I bought and the four other that I picked up after my little test hehe =) enjoy and have a great weekend!!

In order from left to right:
Recess, Honey Bunny, Marry Up, Stiletto, Bunny Hop, Skinny Jeans



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Makeup Heaven | TNB